February 20, 2013

Spotlight On Command - Connor Price

In the penultimate installment of our newest feature, we're talking with USS Gettysburg First Officer, Commander Connor Price, about his previous time in the fleet, his favorite SIMM and his advice to those aiming to become First Officers themselves.

How did you discover Shadow Fleet and what made you want to join?

I discovered Shadow Fleet about 5 years ago while surfing the web. I was just getting into Star Trek and searched "Star Trek RPG" on the internet. When Shadow Fleet popped up, I just knew I had to join. There was only one 'main' ship back then, though there were some non-canon alien races bashing about. I wanted to join Starfleet and shoot people though. I think I was about 12 or 13 at the time.

Have you enjoyed your time in the fleet?
Definitely! It's not just the fleet, it's what the fleet has helped me achieve. I wouldn't have joined the UK's Air Training Corps if it wasn't for the support of Admiral Kawolsky, and meeting both him and Commander Thompson last year was a real highlight of my life.

What has been your most memorable moment?

Tough one. I still remember when I first joined up, the Discovery was engaged in a close quarters battle with an alien ship deep in a nebula somewhere. That scenario really sparked my imagination, and helped me get off my feet.

Of all the ships you have posted on, which has been your favorite?

Gotta be the Discovery. Sorry, Churchill and Gettysburg, but the Discovery has a special place in my heart. It was, and still is, a fantastic place to RP.

Do you enjoy being a First Officer?

Yes! Me and Lance make a fantastic team, and he allows me a great deal of freedom to run the ship. I actually enjoy all the admin work that I have to do, the 'behind the scenes' stuff, if you will. And, being able to tell people what to do is a plus.

Do you have any advice for those would-be First Officers in the fleet?

Slightly cliche, I know, but work hard. Don't expect success to come to you, really make an effort. Get out there, write great posts, help where asked, get along with people, and you'll soon be at the top! And, don't be afraid to ask questions. if you don't understand what you've been told to do, ask, rather than get it wrong.

Finally, if you could pick just one word to sum up your time in Shadow Fleet, what would it be?

I'm going to be boring and say "Educational". My experiences in the fleet have really helped me interact with people in real life, and has definitely helped me achieve things I would not have achieved in my own time. In particular, Shadow Fleet has been a huge help in developing my writing skills. Just take any of my posts now and compare it to my early ones, and you'll see the improvement!


A very big thank you to Connor for providing us with a very heartwarming interview. It's clear to see that he has really enjoyed his time with us.

Our next installment of "Spotlight on Command" will be our last, when we'll be speaking with Churchill's First Officer and one of the longest serving players in the fleet, Lieutenant Commander John Brown. It's not to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment